I hope to post extensive information about Reeves genealogy to this page and sub pages; however for the time being I am posting my pedigree through the paternal line, as I know now, below.
- George & Thelma Reeves
- James Ellis (1877-1961) & Maggie Clark (1884-1970)
- Festus Alexander (1851-1918) & Rachael Boyd (1857-1935)
- Jackson Wells (1815-1897) & Violet Robeson (1821-?)
- Malachi Reeves (1792-1834) & Barbara Glance (1793-1876)
- Sidney James Reeves(1776-?) & Elizabeth Wells (1861-?)
- Malachi Reeves (1739-1784) & Fortune Burton (1739-1800)
- James Reeves (1715-1781) & Millicent Benjamin (1792-1781)
- William Rives (1751-?) & Martha Wylie Burgess (?-?)
The line listed below has been proven incorrect by DNA testing. Those who have been found descendants of William Rives 1751 have been placed in DNA Group 3. Those proven to be descendants of Timothy Rives have been placed in DNA Group 8 of the Reeves DNA Project.
- William Rives I (1636-1695) & Elizabeth Regram (1640-?)
- Timothy Rives (1588-1643) & Mary Elizabeth Steward (1610-?)
- Richard Ryves (1547-1588) & Elizabeth ? (1551-?)
- Sir John Robert Ryves (1514-1547) & Amy Harvey (1515-1577)
- Robert Ryves (1490-1551) & Joan ? (1490-1560)
*Almost all dates are an approximation.
Other articles on this site related to Reeves Genealogy:
Resources for Reeves’ Researchers: